The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Everything but the Kitchen Sink....

Yesterday we gathered to celebrate my birthday. Nothing fancy, but since Todd and I will be away for my 34th we got the family together for a BBQ and cake. As usual, it was nice being with everyone.
For me, I had everything I needed: my husband, my sons, my sister and niece (though Jay and Delaney were, sadly, absent,) my parents, my mother-in-law, and even my brother was there hanging out! I had everything I needed but the kitchen sink, literally.
That's right, about 20 minutes after everyone arrived our garbage disposal regurgitated the parts of the tomato that did not make it to the salad and left us with a clogged sink. Three inches of water and a disgusting mix of floating, disposed food particles is how our sink currently exists. The drain guy, because indeed there is a guy for everything, should be here this afternoon.
The past 24 hours have brought new meaning to the phrase "Everything but the kitchen sink.". Life is much more difficult than I could have ever anticipated; like when you lose use of your dominant thumb. Even using paper plates, the dishes are collecting. We are storing them, food covered and all, in the dishwasher to be rinsed and washed when the sink returns to working condition.
Though a pile of dirty dishes is beyond frustrating, the inconvenience has really come to us by way of bottles and sippy cups. Washing them in the bathroom sink, the same place we spit out our toothpaste, has a rustic element I have never quite experienced.

Oooh gotta go, the drain guy is here. And, just for the record, the drain guy is not the plumber. Who knew!!

No comments: