The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Phillies Win the Pennant!

I sure picked the right season to be a Phillies addict, though I admit I would have been on the bandwagon by now if I were not addicted.
That's right, in 5 games against the LA Dodgers and their ridiculously talented #3 hitter Manny Ramirez, the Phils clinched a world series berth for the first time in 15 years. The city is going nuts, most people I know are going nuts, and it really is an exciting time in Philly sports. I figure I should document this for the boys, who at 2 are too young to appreciate what's going on, but will probably want all of the details someday. Assuming they are sports fans, and also assuming they are anything like their father, there will come a day when they will rattle off all of the stats of the series as if they sat and watched it themselves. By then, I will remember only a a few players names. But, for the record, the Phils won in LA behind Cole Hamels, their ace. He kept the Dodgers to one run (a homer by the aforementioned Ramirez) and was MVP of the series for his two outstanding starts. Jimmy Rollins led game 5 off with a homerun, just as he had in the NLDS clincher against Milwaukee. Shane Victorino, my personal choice for MVP, had an unbelievable series including game tying homers and game saving defensive plays. The thing with this Phillies team is that on any day any one of them can be the star. I grew up playing team sports and the only thing better than knowing you can depend on your teammates to pick you up if you are down is winning the championship. Let's go Phils!!!

No comments: