The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Masterpiece!

The following was written while on vacation at the Tides:

If I had to bet, I would say I am definitely the only person in all of Mexico, the whole Country, wearing a hoodie right now. It's not cold, but it's not the blistering sun I remember from my past trips here and since I've been here I am most comfortable with my sweatshirt on. It's probably the jungle surrounding us. Total privacy is granted by the enmasse of palm trees, just enough space for sun rays to peek through.
These are mornings I dream about, early morning calm, birds chirping, my feet soaking in a pool, a cup of coffee to sip, and my mind expressing its thoughts. Todd is sleeping nearby, his every breath an added comfort.
I love my life. I love my boys. I love the chaos that fills our days. I would not trade it, not for anything. But, this moment here is one I cherish.
I have always loved to write for many reasons: the way it makes me feel while I am doing it, and after, when my mind is purged; the creativity involved in making words flow together in a way that makes you want to read them over and over; the final product, hopefully, a well-read collection of thoughts, feelings, ideas, wit, sensitivity, and humor. The masterpiece.
None of them are actual masterpieces, yet they all are, to me!

No comments: