The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Let's Play Ball!





You'd think, by my level of excitement, that it was me getting out there today.  That I was about to take the field for the big game.  That I was journeying down, what could be, the long, fun path of little league.

Chase and Ryder are beginning baseball today.  It is not even little league, nor tee-ball, it is just an indoor baseball clinic for 4-6 year olds, and I am so excited.  I hope they are.  I have dreamt of little leaguer sons, travel teams, dirty uniforms.  Yes, it is no lie that I have hoped that one, if not three,  of my boys would be baseball players and I would be a baseball mom.  Today is the first step.  Chase and Ryder seem excited, in the same way they are excited for everything in their four year old world. But, me, I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I want them to be great ball players, but I promise to be OK with it if they are not.  Oh No!! I do not want to be the over-bearing, sport obsessed parent.  I do not want to expect more than they can give.  I do not want to forget that they are 4 and not 14, that this is their first time playing, and that at least one of their levels of focus is far from where it needs to be.  No, I do not want to forget these things, but I am not promising anything.

May this be the start of a long childhood of baseball.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Reid said...

This cracks me up. So the opposite of me. I dread the time ahead of endless practices and games and driving in five different directions. But I love your enthusiasm all the same.