The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

100 Days of School!

Yesterday was the 100th day of school for Chase and Ryder.  I don't remember this from my schooling, but apparently this is quite the big deal.  The kids have been learning to count to 100 and every day one lucky kid got to X out the day that was being completed.  The 100th day was certainly cause for celebration.  The assigned project was to bring in 100 of anything the child wanted and to present it any way they wanted.  

I asked the boys what they wanted.  Ryder said "I want to bring in 100 costumes!"  This was hardly surprising but was impossible and costly so I asked him to reconsider.  He told me every day, until the minute we started working on the project, that he wanted to bring in 100 costumes.  Chase answered the question by saying, "I want to bring in 100 goldfish set up like a goldfish!"  I was amazed by his creativity, and was happy that was a relatively easy project, until I learned (from him) that the goldfish was the exact example Ms. Liz had given.  There was no way I was letting him do the example.  So, I started offering up examples.  All were rejected.

In the end, Ryder agreed to my idea of using 100 toothpicks to create a Spider-Web.  He did a fantastic job of helping me and insisted on adding his own touches, both a spider (that I drew) and a Spider man that he colored and had me cut out.  He put the glue on and told me exactly where to put it.  If I must say so myself, it turned out pretty good.  He was both helpful and happy!!


Chase decided, and I have no idea where he came up with this, to make a tree house out of 100 lego's.  I love legos' and a part of me was so excited this is what he wanted (despite being shocked since lego's are more of Ryder's thing than Chase's.)  But, as we began to work on it, I realized how difficult and fragile this project would be.  In the end I did most of the work but Chase was super proud and he knew "I have to be extremely careful because my project is delicate!  What's delicate mean, mommy?"  He is always asking for definitions of new words.


Ryder allowed Chase to help, a bit!!  This is amidst working on it.


A lego tree house!

No comments: