The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nieces!


Just because they are not well enough represented on this blog, and just because this picture is too cute not post I thought I would dedicate an entire posting to the young ladies in my life. 
Though I know I would love them just the same if I had a daughter (or three), being that I do not their mere feminine existence adds a special element to their role in my life.   With them there are dance recitals, tea parties, and a world of princesses.  And later, bat mitzvah dresses, prom dresses, wedding dresses!!!  I am already excited.
Delaney was the first born unto this family.  I was fortunate enough to be an aunt before a mother and that alone means so much to me.  Those 2 1/2 years of it being just me and my only niece are irreplaceable even as we added more little loves to the family.  With her long, and surprisingly straight, blond-ish hair, her hazel eyes, her long legs, and her tall body she fits the mold of a super model.  She is mature beyond her years both in her physical appearance and in her emotional state.  She is crafty, and cautious, and creative, and has a unique fashion sense.  She is feminine, prefers dresses, and make-up, and jewelry and wears white to play softball.  But, hey, she plays softball, but also dances...well.  She possesses an independence most women crave and is confident and proud even in new situations.  She loves her friends, her cousins, her sister and seems to take the role of the "older" sister and cousin very seriously.
Madden is Delaney's opposite in physical appearance.  She is tiny and petite but huge on personality.  She has dark, curly hair and is Amy's spitting image.  She is loving, offering I love you's to all of us all of the time, and hilarious with a raspy little voice.  She is less cautious than Delaney and walks head on.  She is not shy nor scared and thinks everything is funny.  At only three her personality is still developing but there is no doubt that she will possess a sense of humor and will be cute as a Button.
Delaney and Madden are very special to me, very special to the boys.  They love their cousins and are always excited when they know they will be spending time with their favorite girls. So am I.

No comments: