The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

A letter to my sons on their 23rd month birthday!

Dear Chase and Ryder,
Happy 23 months! I am sure if you've been reading these letters you know how stunned I am that this is the final month of your first year.
You continue to fascinate me with your developing personalities. Chase, you are articulate and observant and keenly aware of what's around you. You are funny and smart and love to run! Ryder, you are courageous and adventurous and mechanical. You are silly, and curious, and your run is more like a skip. Chase, you still try to dominate Ryder and always want anything he has and Ryder, you do sometimes put up a fight but generally give in to him, even though I do tell you to fight back.
You are good boys, you don't always listen, but then I am reminded that you are still only one! You are both very mature for your age, though glimpses of the terrible two's occasionally shines its ugly head. Chase, you are very bossy, you tend to whine, and have absolutely no interest in sharing. You want whatever it is Ryder has, even if there is another one of the same thing available, and sometimes Ryder gives it to you. Ryder, you are a bit more laid back and only sometimes will you throw your fit.
Ryder, you have all of your teeth, or so I think. Your last two popped through a few weeks ago and are almost entirely down. Chase, you still have a ways to go. You have about 12 teeth in total.
Ryder, you get your hands on everything, EVERYTHING!!! Daddy and I could be better about moving things, I admit, but still, nothing is out of your reach. You love to spill things, a full cup, turn it over. A juice box, squeeze it out. A sippy cup, take the lid off, then pour it out. It is actually unbelievable what you pull off. You do not pull the guitar out as much as you once did, but every now and again you go at it and pick up right where you left off. Your favorite thing to sing is Happy Birthday!!
Chase, the same interest Ryder had in buckles back in January (to read that post click here,) has captivated you. You need to buckle everything that has buckle and you insist you do it your self. Car seats, high chairs, booster seats, no buckle is left unbuckled. Your interest, of course, has re-sparked Ryder's despite it being an old trick for him. You have begun saying "yes" as opposed to "yeah" and you say it clearly every time. You love to say yes to lots of questions now, even if the answer is no.
Your manners have really come out lately, both of you say thank you for everything, and often use please on your own. We are very happy about this.
You both have this new thing of taking your diaper off. It's not much fun for me. I have found you after naps without diapers, or just playing with your toys without diapers. I'd like to say we have been accident free despite this, but I can't.
We're back to the beach, and into the pool, and you have been loving both. On the beach you still eat sand, but are able to sit and play for quite some time. It should be a fun summer.
We finally got a safety fence around our pool, which is great, though we are not sure it is totally Ryder proof, it does make the situation a lot better, and it happens to look great too.
We celebrated Mother's Day this month, and daddy surprised me with a beautiful watch. I do love it, but it was unnecessary!! We had a birthday party at Happy Tymes Bowling Alley this month, your cousin Emma's 5th, and though it was fun, 23 month old kids can't bowl. We helped you, and we got a few good shots, and we will wait a bit before going again.
This is a fun age you are at. I can't stop time so I am just enjoying it as I can. This age is certainly a bit challenging at times, but then I remember how fast it all goes and know, soon enough, you'll be on to new challenges.


I can't believe your next letter will be your two year letter.

Every moment, every day, you make me so very proud. I love you!!

Mommy





No comments: