The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Damn it!!

Several Eagles seasons ago, an almost two year old Delaney, then the only grandchild, caught us off-guard when imitating my very animated father. Angrily he shouted at the ever-disappointing Eagles, "Damn it, you stupid..." he never finished finally recognized his granddaughter was present. She looked at him, at all of us, and said happily, "I say dammit too!" Against our better judgement we all laughed. It was hard not to.
Fast Forward another 2.5 years and we have a similar situation. Aware of their mimicry I have been trying hard to curb my language, but occasionally their trouble making gets the best of me and a damn it flows from my mouth. From the vast choices of expletives, and the number of "situations" I find myself in, damn it actually does fall into the curbed language category. However, now Ryder says dammit also. I have chosen to ignore the language hoping that he will get over it soon as well. After all, it could be so much worse.

No comments: