The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Deserve a Cash Bonus!

There are very many accomplished people in this world. Doctors, Lawyers, CEO's, Published writers, inventors...I could go on. I have friends, I have family, all who are very accomplished. I find it admirable, respectable, enviable even. Sometimes I wish my resumé was, well, I wish I even had a resumé.

I have set my bar much lower. Especially these days. I was never much of pole vaulter, nor much of a flexible limbo-er, so I have set my bar at a level that I can crawl under, or more like slither like a snake, and clear it without touching.

Monday I had a very accomplished day. I say this proudly knowing that WOHM's, executives, people with an actual job, may laugh at me.  I hear their snicker.

Monday, with one kid home sick and a toddler on the loose. I did 7 loads of laundry and put 4 of them away in proper drawers and closets. Let me repeat that. I DID 7 LOADS OF LAUNDRY.  Sorry, had my day ended there I would have felt accomplished.  But, believe it or not, it did not end there.  Instead, I made 2 very important phone calls, and dosed out medicine, accurately, every four hours.
What happens when Benadryl is more expired than my children are old?  This is what I wondered on my PhD earning day as I Cleaned out our medicine cabinet (and made a huge trash bag,) got dinner prepared, ordered Chase's shoes, and even played with my sons.

Seriously, this was a monumental day. I did all of that and my house was still standing at the days end. I never even dropped anything or misplaced anything nor did I ask my kids to fend for themselves while playing in traffic.

 I deserve some sort of reward. A cash bonus, perhaps!

No comments: