The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

OP-I must have it!

I am not a high maintenance girl.  I grew up as a tomboy and turned into a lady.  A sporty lady, one who likes flowers and nighttime dramas and love stories but can still hang with the guys.  I have a wardrobe (a small one) filled mostly with jeans and t-shirts and enough of the “appropriate” thing to wear that I can attend most events from funerals to cocktail parties. To say I do not care about how I look is a gross understatement but on the scale from all-natural to extreme makeover I fall much closer to the left.  Part laziness, part confidence, there is a time for the plunging necklines and stilettos that does not include my everyday.  For some, I suppose, it does.
When it comes to maintaining, I am pretty low key.  I cut my hair about half as many times as we change the clocks in a year.  I wax my brows a little less frequently than probably needed.  I get a makeover on random occurrence, but do wear some makeup about 5 days a week, mostly mascara, to widen my eyes.  Since I love pedicures, I would get one every week if I could, but I don’t.  And, I get a manicure as often as I can. That’s right.  The manicure is my makeover must have.  For one, I love the “free” hand massage I get with every one.  Two, I hate my hands, and a manicure makes them that much more tolerable to my critical eye.  Three, I am a picker, and a manicure is the only way I stop picking, even if only temporarily.
So, you can imagine my delight when I learned of OPi’s new gel lacquer.  An amazing, shiny lacquer that not only requires no drying time, but also lasts 2-3 weeks.  No chipping.  Honest.
Usually I am flawed or chipped within moments of leaving the salon as I dig for my keys or start my car.  But, as I type this, I am 19 days in to my manicure and they are nearly perfect.  Mild signs of growth aside my nails have endured the rough and tough treatment I give them daily.  They have survived the 10 or so daily washings of sippy cups.  Ugh, they are so perfect I can’t find anything to pick.
The once a month manicure must have been designed just for me!!  I can't believe I am saying this, but...OPI gel lacquer....I must have it

No comments: