The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The most beautiful thing I have ever seen

Love at first sight


If you had asked me three weeks ago what the most beautiful thing I had ever seen was I would have answered, without hesitation, each of my son's faces.

If you were to ask me today, the very same question, I would have a different answer. And, not because my boys' faces are any less beautiful, in fact it is just the opposite. But, in light of our recent new addition, I've been privileged to witness beauty like I've never seen it before. 

Chase, Ryder and Turner are every bit as active as their action verb names imply. They are three different boys who, each in their own way, represent the true meaning of boy.  Hyper, excitable, active, fart-loving, mess-making boys!  They are dirty and crumby and loud and happy to be these things. 

And, still, they each are absolutely delightful. They all have a sensitive side. A charming side. A sweet as can be side. And, they are man enough to show it, when the time is right. 

So, when their baby brother was born, it didn't come as any surprise that they would show him undeniable love.  Yet, I couldn't have anticipated the beauty, the heartwarming and touching way, that they have fallen in love.  Each of them.

Yes, the boys love each other, they love me, they love Todd.  They love their grandparents and their cousins and aunts and uncles, and all of the people in their life that love them so unconditionally.  They love us and I don't doubt it but they never knew a life without loving us.  It is an inherent love, powerful and deep.

But, with Decker, it is different.  We watched them FALL IN LOVE.  For the very first time.  (Hopefully, not for the last time.)  We looked on as they saw life differently, for the first time, as they held their newborn brother in their arms.  We watched them as an understanding developed within them that this tiny little new person made all of our lives better.  We observed them as they realized that they would do anything to make sure their baby was taken care of.  We witnessed them as they took a breath and felt their heart expand, like it never had before.

Yes, we saw them fall in love.  It was, it is, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!











No comments: