The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fourth and Final

Physically, I feel great. This pregnancy, as my others had been, has been kind to me. I know I'm fortunate that it is easy for me to forget I am pregnant. I also know what you're thinking, I forget a lot of things, which is true.  But, still, the way my body feels day to day, nearly six months in, is very, well, normal. Until I try to fit into a space between a wall and a chair, that I would normally fit into, and suddenly I am wedged because my belly has finally outgrown my boobs.  I chuckle as I am quickly reminded that I am with child.

And, for what it is worth, IV doesn't let me forget about him easily.  He causes me no aggravation at all but is very active and his kicks and jabs are constant enough that I can feel him when ever I want that special moment.  

I love the kicks and the jabs.  That is something only I can share with my baby boy.  Nobody else can have those moments, those special reminders of his being, of his soul, of him. I cherish it, knowing full well this is my last pregnancy and I won't have moments like those again. 

I know. I said that before. I did. And, I meant it.  This blessing was an unexpected surprise that I welcome whole heartedly.  But, there won't be another.  Todd is getting a vasectomy. I wouldn't have been as comfortable with that decision a few years ago. But, now, four kids in and just about 40, I know this is the right decision.  

IV- I can't wait to meet you. 

No comments: