The Tovsky Tribe

Chocolates, Cocktails, Friends, Babies...A Girl Should Never Have Just ONE!!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chariot Awaiting!!

The thing about birthdays, particularly milestone birthdays, is that the celebration seems to be endless.  My 35th was no different.

It began nearly a week before when most of the favorite ladies in my life helped me bring in my mid-thirties with a wonderful dinner at Tavolo.  It could have been at McDonald's and that would have been fine since it all came down to the awesome company.  Somehow, I managed to not get a picture of the girls and I, but it is definitely a snap shot in my mind.
 
Then came the actual day, a beautiful day, spent with my beautiful family.  All of that would have certainly been enough for me, (does that sound like a line out of the Passover haggadah?) but we were not done yet.  The following Sunday we already had plans to celebrate with the family at brunch at my parents house.  And, still, there was to be more.

Saturday night was my date night with Todd.  I had been insistent about not wanting a party, wanting it to be just he and I, and it not being extravagant.  In fact, I said, "all I want is a sushi dinner!"  He listened, sort of.

Todd made all of the plans for the night without telling me a thing, and that in itself was a gift, because I loved not having to think about anything.  All I knew was to be dressed (casual was OK) and ready by 6pm!  I obliged and was even on time:)

Here is what happened at 6pm:

my chariot was waiting....



Todd and I were driven downtown in our stylin' ride by Tom, our chauffeur.  We listened to the CD's Todd selected, snacked on shrimp and crab cocktail that Todd had prepared, and sipped on the champagne, the really big  bottle of champagne, Todd had provided.




Tom took us to the only place I really wanted to go (despite Todd telling me we weren't going there,) Kisso.  Our beloved Kisso!!  And we dined on wonderful sushi, caught up with Alex, our favorite sushi chef, and drank lots of sake!!

Then, drunk and full and happy, we went to pick up Rob and Jamie, and visited with Mindy and Jay and Kim, before heading to Max Brenner's for a ridiculous amount of chocolate dessert (thank you Rob!!)


Todd and I had so much fun!!  We  love date nights!!  I stated it that night and I will state it again, next year I am definitely celebrating my 35th again!!  Thank you Todd for planning such a wonderful night, exactly how I wanted it, plus some.

For more photos of ths fun nght clck here:

No comments: